[Libav-user] QTKit -> Libav: has it ever been done?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Mar 27 09:58:31 CET 2013

Brad O'Hearne <brado at ...> writes:

> In lieu of having no luck over several weeks getting video
> + audio samples captured from QTKit resampled and encoded
> with Libav to FLV (with video), I've kind of hit a bit of
> a brick wall. The runnable Mac app and source
> demonstrating this use case hasn't apparently shed any
> light on why the audio being encoded is junk.

The reason is probably that most developers do not own
OSX hardware and therefore cannot test your code.

Did you already try to produce a test-case that does
not use QTKit? There is definitely a native decoder
that outputs the format that (you believe) QTKit
offers, and that code would not be OSX specific in
the end.

You could start with one of the examples in
doc/examples and change it to your needs.

Carl Eugen