[Libav-user] --disable-asm --disable-yasm options

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Mar 27 14:53:36 CET 2013

Dolevo Jay <cmst at ...> writes:

> When I don't use --disable-yasm option, I got tons
> of errors just because the yasm version that we are
> using in openembedded is quite old and ffmpeg
> requires a newer version of yasm.

That is unexpected since the configure script tests
the yasm version, you should therefore get only one
error: Please provide your configure line and
the first error (and the versions you are testing).

> Updating yasm is fairly easy but then I got multiple
> of tons of different errors due to compatibility
> issues between different packages that are used in
> openembedded.

That also sounds unexpected:
yasm is a static executable (that you can put into
/usr/local/bin and) that imo simply cannot interfere
with any other package.

Carl Eugen