[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 11:49:45 CET 2013

2013/3/30 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> Lars Hammarstrand <lars.hammarstrand at ...> writes:
>
> > > Not all iOS devices are born equal in terms of
> > > their ARM core. Which device crashed for you with
> > > bad instruction at
>
> This function has been unchanged for three years.
>
> If this really is a regression, please consider
> using git bisect to find the version introducing
> it. (This isn't trivial with FFmpeg, but I will
> support you.)

Ok, thanks - although I believe it will be a quite lengthy and cumbersome
process, as xbmc currently is based on ffmpeg version 0.10.2 ;-) What do
you say about regression testing the binary way and start somewhere in the
middle. What version do you suggest we start with?

This is probably unrelated, but could you explain
> why you are adding (most) options?
> Some of them obviously make no sense, the paths
> are of course needed, for the remaining ones,
> I'd like to ask if they fix any problems? If
> yes, this should be fixed in configure, don't
> you agree?
>
> Carl Eugen

Agreed, it would be nice to clean up and use only the necessary flags. I
suspect many of the settings are a legacy from the old 0.10.2 days.
--

Regards, Lars.