[Libav-user] compiling ffmpeg with -fPIC

Dayana dribas at cenatav.co.cu
Wed May 1 16:41:48 CEST 2013

Hi!!! Im developing an aplication using libavcodec, libavformat and
libavutil. Im trying to make a shared library and for that I have to get
libavs compiled with -fPIC ... I was trying to do it by setting
--enable-pic in the configure file, however Im still have the same error:

/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(lpc_mmx.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against
symbol `ff_pd_1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile
with -fPIC

could somebody give me a hint please??

:) dayana