[Libav-user] Creating animated GIF using libavformat

Gustav González xtingray at gmail.com
Thu May 2 21:42:58 CEST 2013

2013/5/2 Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>

> On 5/2/13, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> > Gustav Gonzalez <xtingray at ...> writes:
> >
> >> ERROR: gif only handles the rgb24 pixel format.
> >
> > Originally, there was a gif muxer that only accepted
> > rgb24 rawvideo as input.
> > In current git head, you will find a gif encoder (an
> > encoder instead of a muxer) that can be used by the
> > image2 muxer (the same muxer used for jpg, tif, tga
>
> gif muxer only.
> > etc.) and that accepts different colour spaces.

Ok, I'm sorry if I do dummy questions, but I'm still learning
the basics about all the ffmpeg/video stuff.

I already downloaded the source code from the git repository
and I found two files that I assume are what I need to study:
libavcodec/gif.c (GIF encoder)
libavformat/gif.c (Animated GIF muxer)

Is there any other file I should take a look at?

I was reading those files, and the methods I found give me a
good idea about how to use them, nevertheless I would like to
see a "hello world" example (working), do you have any?

Thank you!

PS: I was looking for one inside the ffmpeg code, but I had no luck.

--
  Gustav Gonzalez
  xtingray at gmail.com