[Libav-user] avcodec_encode_video2 problem

mohM phuze9 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 09:03:08 CEST 2013

I'm starting from a working encode very similar to
examples/decoding_encoding.c but I'm now wanting to add sound, so I'm trying
to get examples/muxing.c to work for my purposes but no luck as of yet. For
some reason avcodec_encode_video2 is returning 0 (success according to
documentation), yet giving me a blank got_packet pointer which means the
packet data is blank. My AVFrame pointer has data in it (assuming it's
correct because I'm using the same method to retrieve it as I was in my
previously-working example). Could anyone point me in the right direction as
to how to debug this?
I'm using: zeranoe's ffmpeg-20130428-git-0fb64da