[Libav-user] errors while processing tiff streams with image2pipe

cyril apan cyrilapan at yahoo.fr
Mon May 6 18:30:32 CEST 2013

Hello there,

I have an application that takes as input a bunch of streams, mostly coming from video files, but it also have to process some image files.
I found out that png format is well supported, but it doesn't seem the case for tiff format.
With tiff format, it uses "image2pipe" as AVInputFormat before decoding streams, but then it can encounter the following errors:
- pixel format is wrong, e.g. http://www.filmform.com/logo/Filmform_gray-on-blank.tif > stream->codec->pix_fmt == AV_PIX_FMT_RGB24 instead of being AV_PIX_FMT_RGBA.
- invalid data found when processing input, e.g. http://www.finehomesandliving.com/Media/%C2%A9%20FINE%20media%20group%20LLC%20Black%20Logo.tif > get the error while calling avcodec_decode_video2
() and stream->codec->pix_fmt / stream->codec->width / stream->codec->height all have wrong values by the way (respectively -1, 0, 0).

I know that image format support isn't the primary focus of FFmpeg but maybe this issue should be reported nevertheless?

Regards,

Cyril APAN.