[Libav-user] errors while processing tiff streams with image2pipe

cyril apan cyrilapan at yahoo.fr
Mon May 6 19:56:29 CEST 2013

>cyril apan <cyrilapan at ...> writes:

>> http://www.filmform.com/logo/Filmform_gray-on-blank.tif
>> stream->codec->pix_fmt == AV_PIX_FMT_RGB24 instead of
>> being AV_PIX_FMT_RGBA.

>Looks like RGB24 to me, why do you think there is
>transparency information?
Open it with Photoshop CS v12.0.4, and it displays a checkered background. With FFmpeg, I get a white background.

>The other sample is an unsupported format, feel free
>to open an enhancement request on trac.
>The second sample uses separated channels iiuc,
>this is very unlikely to get supported (easily).
Well, I won't bother opening a request then. Tiff format seems quite complex to implement. If really needed, I'll probably use a specialized library.

>Since you used "image2pipe" in the subject:
>There is no tiff parser, so you cannot generally use
>input format image2pipe with tiff images, but this is
>unrelated to the samples.
>(Patch welcome.)
I'm not sure to understand. So, image2pipe shouldn't work with tiff files?
So why I can still get something out from the 1st sample?