[Libav-user] Reducing latency of file opening (when playing from http)

Bjoern Drabeck bjoern.drabeck at gmail.com
Fri May 10 09:12:44 CEST 2013

>>> Is there a suggested range of values
>>
>> The suggested range of values for probesize and
>> analyzeduration is 32 to 2147483647.
>> (32 does not always work.)
>>
>>> for probing online files?
>>
>> I don't think there are suggested values for online
>> files, but if you read yesterdays messages on this
>> mailing list, you will agree that 100000 is likely
>> too much for some samples.
>>
>> Carl Eugen
>>

> Does 100000 mean it will try to download the first 100000 bytes of the
> file? Or 100000 after the header data?
>
> And does it mean that probesize and analyzedduration should have the
> same or similar value?

I just tested some more, it seems to make no real difference whether I
set probesize/analyzeduration to 5000000 or 5000, both take more or
less the same time (on the test file I was using today it was around
10 sec).. if I go much lower than 5000 at some point I start
encountering "-22" errors

-Bjoern