[Libav-user] Flushing Audio Frame Crash

phuze koj phuze9 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 23:23:06 CEST 2013

Thanks for that response Brad, it was your question that I found. Yeah I've
found most of the same information from my digging as well and I'm also
unsure if AAC  supports CODEC_CAP_DELAY (thanks for the tip Paul, I'll
check it when I get a chance). I've tried to simplify my audio writing to
the absolute simplest case (encoding a single, albeit large frame) which is
why I'm doing this test that's leading to this problem. I'm not sure if the
code I posted in the OP is showing up or not, but I am looping the flush
although it's crashing on the first NULL encode saying 'Integer division by
zero', even though there's clearly still a frame to be flushed out. The
only thing that makes sense to me at this point is that AAC doesn't have
CODEC_CAP_DELAY capabilities and that's causing the run-time
error...Hopefully I can update with more information about that later.

for(got_packet = 1;got_packet;) {
     fflush(stdout);
     if(avcodec_encode_audio2(c,&pkt,NULL,&got_packet) || !got_packet) {
          fprintf(stderr,"Error encoding frame\n");
     }
     else {
          av_write_frame(oc,&pkt);
          av_free_packet(&pkt);