[Libav-user] Audio encoding using avcodec_fill_audio_frame() and memory leaks

Pradeep Karosiya praks411 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 12:47:13 CEST 2013

Ok after successively disabling the code I found that memory leak is coming
from av_interleaved_write_frame(), even though I'm using av_free_packet, it
is still there.
I tried to use av_destruct_packet just before av_free_packet but then my
application is crashing while calling av_destruct_packet.
Actaully I'm setting mpkt.destruct to av_destruct_packet before calling
av_interleaved_write_frame but
somehow mpkt.destruct is setting to NULL after the call of
av_inteleaved_write_frame, so I'm setting it again before calling
av_free_packet.
Can someone explain the correct use to AVPacket.destruct and
av_destruct_packet.

Thanks
Pradeep