[Libav-user] Encoding with variable frame rate

Pradeep Karosiya praks411 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 11:26:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

Till now I was doing all of my encoding using fixed frame
(programmatically). Now I need to support variable frame rate. I started
with just commenting the portion of my code which was setting frame rate.
However it is not working. My function is failing at avcodec_open2. Please
someone suggest me how to go about supporting the variable frame rate.
Also I came to know not all codec support variable frame rate. So which
codecs are normally used when encoding with variable frame rate. Please
suggest.

Thanks
Pradeep