[Libav-user] # of audio samples, calculated vs. codec context

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Tue May 21 18:28:40 CEST 2013

On 5/21/13, Brad O'Hearne <brado at bighillsoftware.com> wrote:
> On May 21, 2013, at 7:05 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/21/13, Brad O'Hearne <brado at bighillsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm safe to conclude you are troller.
>
> In the interest of civility and productivity, let's dispense with this kind
> of discourse. All it does is intimidate others from posting their questions
> for fear of getting blasted, and it raises a serious question for businesses
> as to whether including FFmpeg as a part of a commercial endeavor is support
> liability -- I don't think any of us wants that. I'm not interested in
> conflict and enemies, I'm interested in peace and friends, so Paul, if you
> ever get to Gilbert, AZ, or by chance you are going to be at the WWDC in a
> few months, hit me off-list, and we can hook up and I'll buy you a drink.
>
> To the technical issue -- I've presented a valid issue that effectively
> breaks the resampling -> encode approach if using the resampling_audio.c
> example. All I'm asking for is whether or not FFmpeg can handle this, and if
> not, confirmation that the API can't. If you have an actual answer to the
> question, I'd love to hear it.

I don't see any problem, ffmpeg can resample and encode at same time.
If you want some additional funcionality there is place to report it.

Doing something like this:

person X creates thread Y about A (not)doing thing B.
person X bumps thread Y M-th times in rather unfriendly way.

is unproductive and helps nobody.