[Libav-user] Intermittent heap crash with Visual Studio 2005

Rothkin, Steve (NY81) Steve.Rothkin at Honeywell.com
Tue May 21 22:14:32 CEST 2013

> Please either provide gdb information as explained on
> http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html or compile FFmpeg with Visual Studio if you prefer
> MS debugging.

How do I get gdb information when the main program is running with Visual Studio?

I would love to compile it with visual studio and have all the symbolic debugging info available. However, I have not been able to successfully build it with VS2005, 2008, 2010, or 2012. I tried the instructions at http://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#Microsoft-Visual-C_002b_002b but I got failures in make that I haven't tried to debug yet.