[Libav-user] Encoding with variable frame rate

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Wed May 22 10:38:21 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Brad O'Hearne
<brado at bighillsoftware.com> wrote:
> On May 21, 2013, at 11:54 AM, John Stebbins <stebbins at jetheaddev.com> wrote:
>
>> I think we may have crossed wires here. By "sources" I meant source video that I can run through my code to verify that
>> VFR is possible and works correctly using avformat mov muxer.
>
> Oh, then in that case no I do not. My source video is live capture, which is being encoded to FLV.

??? I thought this thread is about the capabilities of the mov muxer?
A lot of the discussion above was rather pointless then because at
least three people were explaining to you how this works in mov and
your claims, that it did not work came from your experience with the
FLV muxer? If that is the case, then it would help, if you were a bit
more specific the next time. The capabilities of container formats
_and_ muxers vary a lot. So this can only really be discussed in a
useful way when were talking about the same thing.