[Libav-user] Using Mediacodec to decode video packets from FFmpeg's av_read_frame

sirvo sylviojalves at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 19:12:59 CET 2013

I have just tried a .mp4 h264 AVC file @60fps. As this is in AVC format, I
had to use the av_bitstream_filter_filter (h264_mp4toannexb) to convert the
NAL symbols to match MediaCodec's requirement... Result: It plays the video
in a real smooth 60fps way! Very impressive quality!

However, still having problems playing 60fps h264 .ts files. I know it must
be something related to the packets IDR/SPS/PPS/KEY_FRAME, but I still did
not figure it out...

Is this information usefull for anyone to tip me?

Thanks!