[Libav-user] directshow resolution

Novák, Attila novak.attila at itvprojekt.hu
Tue Oct 8 13:01:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a Leadtek capture card that provides DirectShow output. I managed to
record video in multiple resolutions using the command line ffmpeg tool by
providing the "-s widthXheight" option. Unfortunately I could not replicate
the results from code: it always captures with the default 320x200
resolution. I tried calling av_opt_set_image_size() & av_opt_set() with the
"image_size" option on the input format context struct before & after
opening the codec, but it didn't work.
I couldn't find any documentation whatsoever on this feature. Does anyone
know how this supposed to work?

(I'm on WinXP with Visual Studio 2010, the card is a Leadtek WinFast VC100)

Thank you in advance,
-Attila