[Libav-user] Compile with g++

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 15:37:10 CEST 2013

>demuxing.c is a C program, if you want to compile it
>with C++ (why?) you will have to convert it to C++,
>just as with any other C program.

Yes, I know it's a program written in C.  As I stated before, I only used
that example because everyone here already has a copy of it.  The
alternative would be for me to post my lengthy C++ code, which uses lots of third-party libraries, which nobody will be able to compile anyway).

When I compile demuxing.c with g++ it gives me the same errors as when I add
libav calls to my C++ app and then try to compile that with g++.  So, if we can figure out why demuxing.c won't compile with g++, then we will
probably figure out why my C++ app won't compile with g++.

>(Nothing about this is FFmpeg specific.)

This is the libav mailing list, not the fmpeg mailing list  The issue is
how to add libav calls to a c++ program.

On , James Board <jpboard2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>That's an example program written in C. There's nothing in the actual
codebase (as opposed to the >examples) that doesn't work in C++.

Yes, I know it's a program written in C.  As I stated before, I only used that example because everyone here already has a copy of it.  The alternative would be for me to post my lengthy C++ code, which uses lots of thrid-part libraries, which nobody will be able to compile anyway).

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:25 PM, Bruce Wheaton <bruce at spearmorgan.com> wrote:

On Oct 8, 2013, at 11:12 AM, James Board <jpboard2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I tried exactly that with the demuxing.c example.  When I try to compile
>it with the C++ compiler, I get errors.  When I compile with the C compiler,
>no errors.  What do I need to do to get demuxing.c to compile with the C++
>compiler in Linux?

That's an example program written in C. There's nothing in the actual codebase (as opposed to the examples) that doesn't work in C++.

Compile a C example as C.

Bruce