[Libav-user] HW decoding on Android

sirvo sylviojalves at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:11:01 CEST 2013

Hi.

We develop an android player using ffmpeg lib. It plays .ts files but when
it comes to 1080p files, it runs really slow (like 10~15 fps). The problem
is that sws_scale() and avcodec_video_decoder2() takes to much time to get
it done (> 30ms).

Then, I've compiled ffmpeg with libstagefright_h264 support for android.

It still plays .ts files and also in slow mode with 1080p.

How do I check if hw accel is being used?

I've tried changing the avcodec_find_decoder like bellow but not success:

codec = avcodec_find_decoder(codecCtx->codec_id);
OR
codec = avcodec_find_decoder_by_name("h264");
OR
codec = avcodec_find_decoder_by_name("libstagefright_h264");

Is it necessary to init() something or use that AVHWACCEL from ffmpeg?

Thanks!

Sylvio