[Libav-user] How to determine the largest best_effort_timestamp?

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 16:34:44 CEST 2013

>An AVI container should specify a frame rate, and the time stamp is
    always 1/framerate * >total_frames_read  there abouts...

That doesn't tell me the exact largest best_effort_timestamp.  Can I determine the
largest best_effort_timestamp exactly?  Would this be easier with a file container other
than AVI?

On Sunday, October 13, 2013 2:20 PM, Andy Shaules <bowljoman at gmail.com> wrote:

On 10/12/2013 12:52 PM, James Board wrote:

In a C program with libav, how can I determine what is the largest best_effort_timestamp
>for my input video file, which is AVI container and compressed with ffvhuff?

An AVI container should specify a frame rate, and the time stamp is always 1/framerate * total_frames_read  there abouts...

If the length of the video payload is zero, then count that as a
    dropped encoder frame, and increment the total_frames_read for it,
    continue.

Andy