[Libav-user] Problems with ffvhuff and huvvyuv

Bruce Wheaton bruce at spearmorgan.com
Wed Oct 16 17:56:07 CEST 2013

> On Oct 16, 2013, at 8:46, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The only workaround is to use intra-frame only compression, so all frames
>> are independent. Some codecs you listed always work that way.
>
> ffvhuff is intra only.

I don't know that codec. I just knew it was lossless. So I guess (unless there's a bug) the rule has an exception. Maybe the 'adaptive tables' that google says it has adapt every 24 or so frames. Don't have the source in front of me right now.

But it's an FOSS project - anyone look at the code and see what's going on.

Bruce