[Libav-user] decoding speed on large files

Marco Gulino marco.gulino at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 17:48:17 CEST 2013

bump.
To be more clear: I need to extract text subtitles from large files, saving
them on a database.
I am currently able to reencode the subtitle itself, but the decoding part
( http://pastebin.com/WbJwAKFx )  is really damn slow, while "ffmpeg"
command line takes just a few seconds.
Is there anything I'm missing? Custom IO? Frames skipping?
Thanks