[Libav-user] Criteria for h.264 key-frame detection

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Mon Oct 21 18:52:38 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Robert Krüger <krueger at ...> writes:
>
>> Btw, is it intentional that you don't answer questions
>> I ask in my emails?
>
> Please understand that you know much more than I do about
> H.264 so I simply cannot answer most of your questions.

No, I don't mean that type of question. I was interested to know how
you found out that ffmpeg "thinks" the 28th frame is a random access
point and I asked you about it just to learn more about ffmpeg myself,
because it does help in making better bug reports and a lot of the
code is not exactly self-explanatory so, any chance to learn in a a
situation like this helps.

> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Mirror contains
> a copy of an old H.264 draft, I would expect it to cover
> recovery points.

Thanks but I have the spec text here (probably from the same source)
and have read the part about recovery points.

Robert