[Libav-user] Criteria for h.264 key-frame detection

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 01:17:56 CEST 2013

Carl,
sorry to butt in, but you mentioned earlier:

"I was under the impression that lavf/lavc support recovery
points very well (even in slightly broken streams), ie
that you (as a user) can choose if you only want to seek to
a recovery point (slower, done by ffplay) or to some frame
no matter if it is a recovery point or not (faster, this
is what MPlayer does)."

Just out interest how does one force seeking only to recovery points in
lavf/lavc programmatically ? I have never been able to achieve this, in
fact I have had to implement my own demuxers just for this purpose.

Regards,
Salsaman.

http://lives.sourceforge.net
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/salsaman