[Libav-user] hevc/h264 decoding example C

Szeifert Dániel dsna at outlook.com
Thu Apr 3 10:41:55 CEST 2014

Thanks for your answer.. However I have to top-post as you don't seem to get my problem. I would like to avoid using avformat_open_input() as I have only one specific input type: raw hevc video streams.So I'd like to achieve something like in here (http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/doc_2examples_2decoding_encoding_8c-example.html) in the video_decode_example(). But it says "some other codecs (msmpeg4, mpeg4) are inherently framebased, so you must call them with all the data for oneframe exactly. You must also initialize 'width' and'height' before initializing them."SO the question would be: what do I need to do differently in the case of the HEVC decoder as this example uses mpegvideo.Thanks for any answers in advance!Regards,Daniel