[Libav-user] Using hardware acceleration on OS X

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Apr 4 13:32:55 CEST 2014

Info || Non-Lethal Applications <info at ...> writes:

> But I guess I’d compile it with -vcodec h264_vda?

(I may misunderstand the "'d" in this sentence, sorry,
I am not a native speaker.)
vda is autodetected nowadays, you don't have to enable
it (anymore).

> Will it then be used by libavcodec or do I have to
> specify that when decoding frames?

You have to tell libavcodec which decoder it should use.

> PS: Is there any resource showing all compiler
> switches that are available?

Do you mean "./configure --help" or do I misunderstand?

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen