[Libav-user] Reducing the latency in realtime communication

Mert Gedik gedikmert89 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 20:23:54 CEST 2014

Hello people,

I've made a streaming app with ffmpeg and want to use it in realtime
communication (it is very similar to ffplay),

I am using an samsung IP cam and I can stream from the camera with using a
browser, and it has *no latency*, like the camera is connected my computer
with USB cable :)

How ever, when I try to stream via ffplay, there is always 3-4 seconds
latency, I use some parameters  (-probesize 32 -analyzeduration 0) but
their effects are not so effective.

I've made many searches about this on forums but not find a useful thing,
but I read that mplayer can stream with 0 latency, doesn't mplayer use
ffmpeg as an streaming engine too? Then, How can I do this with ffplay ?

Any tip about this is really appreciated,

Thanks,

-MG