[Libav-user] Different behaviour when compiling FFmpeg with MingW and VC++2010

Anshul anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:08:20 CEST 2014

cyril apan <cyrilapan at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>Le Vendredi 11 avril 2014 5h45, Anshul <anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com> a
>écrit :
>
>cyril apan <cyrilapan at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>I tried to compile FFmpeg with 2 different compilers on Windows 7.
>>After testing both binaries, I don't get the same behaviour. Well,
>>actually with most video files I do get the same results, but with
>some
>>files I do get different results.
>>
>>For instance, with the binaries compiled from MingW, I can decode
>video
>>frames, but with the VC++2010 version I just get an error.
>>For another video file, after seeking and trying to get a video frame,
>>the MingW version just returns a gray image while the VC++2010 version
>>returns an actual scene from the video.
>>
>>For the same code base to produce different outputs is quite
>startling.
>>Does anybody know what the difference can come from?
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Cyril APAN.

>Can you explain about error you are getting.
>
>-Anshul
>
>--
>Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

>I've just found out that the errors are there in both versions, it's
>just that I modified something before going for the VC++ version...
>dumb late night debugging sessions.
>But the gray image for MingW while having a real picture for VC++ still
>hold true.
>
>Cyril APAN.

It mighr be because you or ffmpeg is using uninitialized, just try to figure out. Why there is grey region in mingw.

My application also fails with mingw and work fine in linux.

I always end up with some problem in my aapplication.

If I am right then you have cmpiled ffmpeg library using mingw and your application with mingw where u have the issue.

-Anshul