[Libav-user] FFmpeg libavcodec examples

Ken Bass daytooner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 04:41:59 CEST 2014

This has probably been hashed out many times before, but I just started
coding with libavcodec and feel like I just ran into a brick wall.

The example I am working with now is the "libavcdec/api-example" on your
site @ /doxygen/0.6/api-example_8c-source.html.

I don't know if the program will work, since I can't get it to compile. The
main problem I run into is that the example is extremely out of date. Many
of the function calls are deprecated, as well as constants and enums
changed. (I won't elaborate since it is probably all well known).

All I am trying to do right now is this: I have raw audio and video streams
that I want to encode and mux into a file. Simple, right?

But I can't find any working examples of this anywhere.

Please help!

TIA

(BTW: the one "issue" that REALLY hurt was that the libraries are all "C"
only. It was a simple solution for me to enclose the library headers with
extern "C", but it would have been nice if someone had mentioned it
somewhere obvious :-( ).