[Libav-user] RTSP Sending keepalive GET_PARAMETER during PAUSE

nicolas graziano nicolas.graziano at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 12:08:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

I use ffmpeg to read RTSP stream from a network video recorder.
During the playing of an the stream the keep-alive ( RTSP command
OPTION or GET_PARAMETER)  are send correctly.

But if I pause the stream with av_read_pause, the RTSP command PAUSE
is sent correctly but then the keep-alive is not send anymore. So the
the server close the connection (about 1 minute after the pause) and
when I send av_read_play to restart the stream again the session is
lost.

Is it normal that the GET_PARAMETER are not sent during pause ?  It
seems that the GET_PARAMETER is sent by rtsp_read_packet call from
av_read_frame.

Is there a way to send directly RTSP command to allow me to send
keepalive during the pause ?

Nicolas Graziano