[Libav-user] Problems decoding mp3 files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Apr 28 13:17:16 CEST 2014

b.mcdonagh at ... <b.mcdonagh at ...> writes:

> I will go read about top posting

Why didn't you do that before sending another mail?

> inputAudioFormat is null before openinput (as I believe
> it should be) and then I call avformat_find_stream_info

avformat_open_input() should have set inputAudioFormat
to something != NULL.

Please provide your configure line, your FFmpeg version
and please confirm that you have successfully run fate
on your target hardware.

Additional random comments include the fact that FFmpeg
is not a C++ project, and that I believe you will have
a hard time debugging if you haven't used gdb before.

Carl Eugen