[Libav-user] Problems decoding mp3 files

b.mcdonagh at sky.com b.mcdonagh at sky.com
Mon Apr 28 21:26:22 CEST 2014

Dear Carl / All

It seems no matter what I do I cannot get past avformat_find_stream_info or av_read_frame for mp3 files, as described earlier i'm just getting crashes unless I change to av_read_packet and leave out avformat_find_stream_info. I have made my configure line with as little arguments as possible leaving..

./configure --prefix=/mingw/ffmpegbuild --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=arm-unknown-nto-qnx8.0.0eabi- --arch=armv7 target-os=qnx --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-libx264 --enable-pthreads --extra-cflags=-I/mingw/include/myinclude/x264includes/ --extra-ldflags=-L/mingw/lib/mylib/lib/ && make && make install

I have worked really hard to accomplish what I set out to do (encode a video of audio and video from different files) and as mentioned already, I do have working code extracting mp3 audio data and yuv420p video frames into a mp4 file using av_parser_parse2 for the audio.

The problem is when trying to play the video it crashes the device that I encoded it on - on my mobile phone and it doesn't open in quick time and some other video playing software on my pc - it does play perfectly with vlc and media player.

My one last request for some help is this - if i send my code (I didnt want to be cheeky and just send it - it's just a couple of functions) would you have a scan through to see if there are any reasons that might cause the video to not play properly on some players, I cant find any reason but then again I cant find much info on av_parser_parse2 so that might be causing the problem. It would feel like a waste of 3 weeks work if i give up now but i can't move forward with  a  video that doesn't play on the device it was encoded with.

Kind Regards

Bradley