[Libav-user] Interlacing enum

Lyndon Hill emptystate at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 17 20:32:03 CEST 2014

Hi

I'm trying to understand AVFieldOrder - can someone confirm my understanding please ?

AV_FIELD_TT means even lines represent the field at time t, odd lines represent the field at t+1

AV_FIELD_BB means odd lines represent the field at time t, even lines represent the field at t+1

AV_FIELD_TB means even lines represent the field at time t+1, odd lines represent the field at t. How is this different from BB ?

AV_FIELD_BT means what ? I'm lost now.
Is it odd lines are actually stored on even lines and this represents the field for t+1 ?

I assume that if lines are even then that positioning should be preserved for deinterlacing; and vice-versa ?

Thanks in advance.