[Libav-user] Question about avdevice_list_devices() using.

Mike Charikov ch_mike at mail.ru
Wed Aug 20 16:16:20 CEST 2014

Hi!

I try to use avdevice_list_devices() for getting list of video devices, but
don’t clearly understand, how to do that properly. How should I properly
init AVFormatContext for calling avdevice_list_devices()?

Tried something like that:

int main() {

                avdevice_register_all();

                avcodec_register_all();

                AVFormatContext* format_context = avformat_alloc_context();

                AVInputFormat *fmt = av_find_input_format("dshow");

                AVDeviceInfoList *device_list=NULL;

                int err = avformat_open_input(&format_context, NULL, fmt,
NULL);

                if (err != 0) {

                               fprintf(stderr, "ffmpeg: Unable to open
input: %d\n", err);

                }

                int i = avdevice_list_devices(format_context, &device_list);

                return 0;

}

But avformat_open_input() returns error (code -1414092869), and so does
avdevice_list_devices() (code -40)