[Libav-user] Playing mp3 audio files

Ramesh Karanam sai.ramesh51 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:41:15 CET 2014

Hi,
  When i am playing mp3 songs some songs are played successfully but some
songs are not playing.It Works for all other formats but the problem with
mp3 songs.
   Here i am decoding audio like below
         avcodec_decode_audio4(dec_ctx, frame, &got_frame,
						&packet);
  I am not converting any  AV_SAMPLE_FMT_U8 to AV_SAMPLE_FMT_S16.My question
is

     1.Is it required to convert AV_SAMPLE_FMT_U8 to AV_SAMPLE_FMT_S16 for
playing all mp3 songs
     2.or any other libraries are required for playing all mp3 song like
libmp3 lame

  Please provide any information about this issue or provide any sample
code.