[Libav-user] libavformat to record hls livestream - timing info in file missing

Georg Stein georg_stein at t-online.de
Mon Dec 8 17:20:50 CET 2014

Hello,

i try to record a youtube live hls channel with a qt/c++ application, I get
the video and audio stream fine, but when I play it back, the file is not
seekable and does not show the total length by example in the vlc player.

When I record it with the ffmpeg command line tool its fine.

Do I have to set here some special avoptions?

I open the stream with

avformat_open_input(&this->avFormatContext, HLSURL, fmt, &avoption);

georg