[Libav-user] Getting started streaming with libav

Jesper Taxbøl jesper at taxboel.dk
Wed Dec 17 01:18:57 CET 2014

Hi Guys,

I am working on an Openframeworks program, where I aim at streaming video
and audio to a Quicktime player across Gigabit LAN. Ultimately I need the
image inside a Unity application.

I have made a test using Quicktime Broadcaster, using UDP streaming and
describing the stream in a SDP file. I open the stream by directing
Quicktime to the SDP file. Now I aim at building the same stream using
libav.

The SDP file QuicktimeBroadcaster creates looks something like this:

v=0
o=- 23 3798418447 IN IP4 127.0.0.0
s=QuickTime
t=0 0
a=range:npt=now-
a=isma-compliance:2,2.0,2
m=audio 5432 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
b=AS:16
a=rtpmap:96 mpeg4-generic/8000/1
a=fmtp:96
profile-level-id=15;mode=AAC-hbr;sizelength=13;indexlength=3;indexdeltalength=3;config=1588
a=mpeg4-esid:101
m=video 5434 RTP/AVP 97
c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
a=rtpmap:97 H264/90000
a=fmtp:97
packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=4D4029;sprop-parameter-sets=J01AKakYFAe2ANQYBBjCte98BA==,KN4JF6A=
a=mpeg4-esid:201
a=cliprect:0,0,480,640
a=framesize:97 640-480

Would that be possible at all?