[Libav-user] Sound disappears after seek

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Feb 9 17:47:24 CET 2014

Gonzalo Garramuno <ggarra13 at ...> writes:

> [...]

Sorry, should have been #3362.

> >> Is it a duplicate?
> >
> > What did your regression tests show?
> > Did you test the sample from that ticket?
>
> No, sorry.

Please do so if you believe my findings are wrong.

> >> The #3662 ticket talks about a video freeze.
> >
> > As I explained there, the naming is bad.
> > (But for your sample, sound never "disappears",
> > seeking just doesn't work.)
>
> Ah.  Okay.  I understand now.
>
> >> In my case video works ok.
> >
> > Really?
> > Seeking works if you specify -an?
>
> Seeking works if you perform it before the clip reaches
> its end. After that it no longer works.

While I never succeeded seeking backwards in your sample,
it is true that seeking forwards works sometimes.
But seeking also works sometimes for the sample from
ticket #3362, so this is not a big difference.

I suggest you test again once ticket #3362 is fixed
(and the bug tracker works again which should be
soon.)

Carl Eugen