[Libav-user] multithreading video decoding support using ffmpeg

Ierum Shanaya ierumshanaya85 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 08:22:02 CET 2014

Thanks for the quick response!!

2 queries:

1) Do we have to also set the thread_type ( thread_type =
FF_THREAD_FRAME|FF_THREAD_SLICE) ? or Just by setting the thread count
(AVCodecContext::thread_count) before avcodec_open() works?

2) Do we have to do the thread synchorinization also? or ffmpeg library
handles that.. Because I had read in some links/discussions, that the
functions avcodec_open() and avcodec_close() are not thread safe?

Thanks,
Ierum