[Libav-user] Does the image2 demuxer work with a custom AVIOContext?

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Mon Jan 13 15:53:30 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Robert Krüger <krueger at ...> writes:
>
>> Could you elaborate a bit what would be needed to make
>> this work, i.e. demuxing single images (not a series)
>> like jpg, png, dpx
>
> jpg and png and dpx should work fine with image2pipe

OK, so just to avoid misunderstandings: What I would have to do is to
first determine the file type myself (e.g. by file extension) and if
it is one that should use the image2pipe demuxer (for simplicity's
sake let's say that's jpg, png and dpx) I obtain an instance of
AVInputFormat (using
av_find_input_format) for image2pipe and then call avformat_open_input
using that input format pointer. Is that correct?

>> and probably others covered by the image2 demuxer
>
> Which others?
> Some will have constant frame size, for the rest a
> parser would be needed.
>
> Carl Eugen

Thank you,

Robert