[Libav-user] FFmpeg + OpenAL - playback streaming sound from video won't work

Jan Drabner jan at jdrabner.eu
Tue Jan 28 12:11:38 CET 2014

And you are correct.
I used swr_convert to convert it to AV_SAMPLE_FMT_FLT   (no P!).
To my surprise, this doesn't crash swr_convert, like converting from
FLTP to S16P (or S16) does.
And finally the sound is working!

So, this true: AV_SAMPLE_FMT_FLT == AL_FORMAT_STEREO_FLOAT32.

I seriously hope this will help someone, at some point.

Thanks for hinting me to the swr_convert.