[Libav-user] Frames corruption when seeking...
jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:25:56 CEST 2014
On 31 May 2014 22:40, wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> It's certainly possible that the old API is either already broken, or
> easily breaks when combining with new API.
Using the old VDPAU API, I can play things just fine.
However, when I close the vdpau codec, I get a crash or one shortly after.
Some memory corruption or double/free is occurring.
no such issue using the new API (I have a switch that allows to switch
between the two). the only difference in our code being setting
hwaccel or not or using the proper vdp frame in one case or the other.
Will investigate further, but so far all the issues I had with the
hwaccel API in 1.2 are gone.
Another bug I've noticed today in our old build using FFmpeg 1.2.
Playing a 24fps AVI file with VDPAU hwaccel is seen as a 12fps one and
playback is attrocious.
XBMC 13.1 which also uses FFmpeg 1.2 and hwaccel has exactly the same behaviour.
More information about the Libav-user