[Libav-user] Frames corruption when seeking...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 02:05:00 CEST 2014

On 4 June 2014 00:02, wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com <javascript:;>> wrote:

> Can you post a sample of this file somewhere?

The behaviour is seen with all my mpeg4/avi files with 24fps framerate.

Here is a 5MB sample.
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/mediatest/12fpsproblem.avi

Obviously, to see the problem you need to use VDPAU hwaccel with FFmpeg 1.2
branch (easiest is probably to get the last copy of xbmc 13.1, enable
debugging in the system settings and look at the framerate being displayed
at the top: it will be in the 12 range.

I'm seeing the same behaviour in my code (mythtv) , right now I've put a
work around which is simply only attempt to use FFmpeg hwaccel for VDPAU
for the mpeg container, if using a nvidia adapter as its a workaround for
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2915).
For all other VDPAU driver type or other container I use the old VDPAU API.

Bit of a hack, but it works.

Note that I'm not seeing the 12fps issue using the hwaccel API with the
ffmpeg 2.2 release.
But I haven't tested the code as thoroughly, including testing it with
nouveau and AMD where hwaccel in 1.2 could give me crashes.

I guess it's not that important if the problem is fixed in 2.2 in the long
run