[Libav-user] YUV 10 bit support

Info || Non-Lethal Applications info at non-lethal-applications.com
Fri Jun 6 11:15:19 CEST 2014

We are trying to read YUV 10 bit video from an external device and want to write it to a Pro Res 422 file.
We discovered the pixel format AV_PIX_FMT_NV20LE, which seems to be 10 bit interleaved YUV.
This is exactly what we need as that’s what we get from our input device (pixel format v210).

Unfortunately, this format does not seem to be supported by libswscale …
I get an error: "nv20le is not supported as input pixel format”

Is adding full support for this pixel format on the roadmap?
Can anyone tell me how I could add support for it myself maybe?

Best regards,

Flo