[Libav-user] qmin qmax settings for libx265 (HEVC) not functional

Taha Ansari mtaha.ansari at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:42:38 CEST 2014

>> Just had a look - and could not find qmin/qmax
>> settings. However it does mention "qpmin/qpmax";
>> are they correlated?
>
> Where did you find them? I just updated x265 and
> did not find these options.

I downloaded 32 builds from here: http://builds.x265.eu/ entitled
"latest build".

After download, when I run it with following command:

x265-32bit-latest.exe --help

it gives me following output:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5bc2e8a93b47312ed896

Noticeable in above is this section:

   --qpfile <string>             Force frametypes and QPs for some or all frames

                                 Format of each line: framenumber frametype QP
                                 QP is optional (none lets x265
choose). Frametypes: I,i,P,B,b.
                                 QPs are restricted by qpmin/qpmax.