[Libav-user] Compiling under windows...

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 10 15:16:20 CET 2014

Eric Trousset <etrousset at ...> writes:

> > > To transmux medias
> >
> > Note that some demuxers need some decoders to work
> > correctly, so you may see problems.

Just to make sure:
Container formats are of course also patented.

> > > Yes I did run distclean before configure

Just to make sure I understand correctly:
The following works fine:
$ make distclean
$ ./configure --toolchain=msvc --enable-shared
$ make ffmpeg.exe

The following fails with an error when linking
libswresample:
$ make distclean
$ ./configure --toolchain=msvc --enable-shared --disable-encoders
$ make ffmpeg.exe

And the same for this configure line:
$ make distclean
$ ./configure --toolchain=msvc --enable-shared --disable-deoders
$ make ffmpeg.exe

This is very difficult to understand...

Carl Eugen