[Libav-user] Help with unpacking PIX_FMT_YUV4* data types

Ricky Huang rhuang.work at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 02:11:47 CET 2014

On Mar 10, 2014, at 4:28 PM, J Decker <d3ck0r at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would think you would just use 'sws_getContext' and 'sws_scale'
> worked good for me...

Thank you for the pointer.  May I have a little more info regarding how you used sws_getContext()?  I found its API definition as follows:

struct SwsContext * 	sws_getContext (int srcW, int srcH, enum PixelFormat srcFormat, int dstW, int dstH, enum PixelFormat dstFormat, int flags, SwsFilter *srcFilter, SwsFilter *dstFilter, const double *param)

and it allocates and returns a struct SwsContext*.

In my case I am not modifying anything in my filter, why is this function good for me? (I am assuming this performs some kind of transformation because there's a source and destination).  Also in the returned SwsContext struct, I see there are 4 members:

int 	lumXInc
int 	chrXInc
int 	lumYInc
int 	chrYInc

perhaps this is where I can get the luminance?  In that case, does it mean I have to perform some kind of transformation before even able to get the Context?

Thank you for in advance for clarification.