[Libav-user] segmentation fault on avcodec_decode_video2( ) call

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 11 09:37:49 CET 2014

Jason Blum <jason.j.blum at ...> writes:

> $ ./configure --enable-shared --enable-debug --disable-stripping

--enable-debug is the default, you can remove it.
I like static linking for debugging, so I usually
don't use --enable-shared, if you want shared
libraries, you may also specify --disable-static

> Which leads to my next problem, the error message:
> LD	libavcodec/libavcodec.so.55
> /usr/bin/ld: libavcodec/mqc.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against
> `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object;
> recompile with -fPIC

Always run make distclean before a recompilation
with different configure options.
(And always run make distclean after a linking
failure and try again.)

Carl Eugen