[Libav-user] List of FMT for available decoders

Ingo Foerster foerster at ifoerster.com
Tue Mar 11 14:45:02 CET 2014

Hello Carl Eugen Hoyos,

I'am  sorry, my question was a little bit unclear written. What I ment
is the Sample_fmt of the audioc codec, as sample: AV_SAMPLE_FMT_S16
There  are  many audio codecs available and it will be very helpful to
have a list of the decoders and sample-fmt to write own converters.

Regards,

Ingo

> Ingo Foerster <foerster at ...> writes:

>> because many decoders act different, is there a list
>> available for the FMT that each decoder is using?

> (FMT is a little unclear imo.)

> If you mean the colour space and the raw audio format,
> then you can read AVCodecContext->pix_fmt and
AVCodecContext->>sample_fmt to get the format the