[Libav-user] Transcoding Decoding_Encoding to MP4/h264 - asynchron tracks

Silver marco_sie at web.de
Wed Mar 12 10:54:20 CET 2014

Hello,

i dont have a solution now, why my video files gets out of sync after
2-4mins.
If you use the scrubbing tool or play and pause, it gets back to sync.

I heard something that you have to set a sync point for a certain i-frame,
for the encoder.
Isn't this the pts? I mean Video 1-Frame doesnt mean it has the same length
like 1 Audioframe, but if the pts/dts aren't correct should it be asynchron
the entire clip? The weird thing is that it is sync for at least 1-3 min and
so more you play, so more it gets asynchron.

But still ... im confused why play/pause, scrubbing brings it back to sync.
---

If im searching for sync points here... there are some attributes.
ffmpeg source
<https://gitorious.org/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/source/28240a60c1b5ce276e947ba013271ec009adc078:libavcodec/avcodec.h>

But i have no clue at all... what i can do.
Any help possible?